Find us on Facebook
ST. MAARTEN – MEDIA FILES
Port St. Maarten attends Cruise World at Dutch Vakantie Beurs. Working to attract Luxury Cruise Lines
- UTRECHT, THE NETHERLANDS – Port St. Maarten in collaboration with SXM Airport and local stakeholders are currently in the Netherlands attending the 47th edition of the Dutch Vakantie Beurs Utrecht (Tourism and Leisure Fair), considered the trade show for the Dutch travel industry.
Port St. Maarten Voted the Best Cruise Port in the Caribbean for 3rd Straight Year. Close to 1.7 million Cruise Passengers Visit in 2016
- PORT ST. MAARTEN – For the third straight year in a row, the destination was voted the best cruise port in the Caribbean in 2016 by readers of Cruise Fever out of 10 Caribbean cruise ports. This was the 4th Annual Cruise Fever Fan Awards, where over 10,000 total votes were cast in the 2016 awards.
Seabourn Ultra-Luxury Cruise Line advises on Homeport Terminal. New vessel Encore to call in March 2017
- PORT ST. MAARTEN – Passengers from four Celebrity Cruise Lines ships in port on December 28, were treated to a Dick Clark Productions Inc. – based in Los Angeles, California – concert with Demi Lovato. Part of the program was aired on “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin Eve 2017” live from Time Square, New York via ABC which was seen by millions in the U.S. and across the world with Sint Maarten being part of the line-up of performers.
Regent Seven Seas Explorer Welcomed to the Destination by Port and Tourism Officials
- PORT ST. MAARTEN – Last week Thursday, December 22, representatives from the St. Maarten Tourist Bureau and Port St. Maarten welcomed Regent’s Seven Seas Explorer to the island on its inaugural visit.
Regent Seven Seas Explorer to make Inaugural Call on Thursday
- Described as the most luxurious cruise ship in the world, Regent’s Seven Seas Explorer, will make its inaugural call on Thursday, December 22.
Port St. Maarten pleased with Pullmantur Homeporting Operation on Sunday
- Port St. Maarten is still welcoming travel agents and tour operators who would like to be part of the ports booth at the 47th edition of the Dutch Vakantie Beurs Utrecht (Tourism and Leisure Fair), considered the trade show for the travel industry. The Vakantie Beurs will be held from January 11-15, 2017 at the Convention Center in the Dutch city of Utrecht.
Port St. Maarten pleased with Pullmantur Homeporting Operation on Sunday
- Port St. Maarten Management was very pleased with the homeporting operation that took place on Sunday at the new homeporting terminal after cruise passengers arrived on the inaugural XL Airways flight out of France to board the Pullmantur Zenith vessel for a warm Caribbean cruise.
Port St. Maarten Homeporting gets Ready for Inaugural Flight of XL Airways on Sunday
- Preparations are well underway at Port St. Maarten Homeporting and in conjunction with other stakeholders, readies for the arrival of the inaugural flight of XL Airways on Sunday, December 18 at SXM Airport.
Port St. Maarten addresses Central Committee of Parliament Meeting Comments on Finances and Cruise Numbers
- The countries cruise numbers will go back up to over two million cruise passengers within several years based on strategic planning and the pro-activeness of Port St. Maarten Management in promoting cruise tourism and the destination (marketing).
Simpson Bay Lagoon Authority Recommends to Government to Implement Traffic Solutions for Simpson Bay/Cole Bay
- In June, 2014, the Simpson Bay Lagoon Authority Corporation (SLAC) – a subsidiary of Port St. Maarten - commissioned CH2M HILL, Inc. to perform a traffic study for the Simpson Bay Lagoon Causeway in order to further alleviate traffic congestion in the areas of Cole Bay and Simpson Bay.
Virgin Cruises needs Commitment from Government for Port St. Maarten to Secure More Cruise Business
- Virgin Cruises needs a commitment from the Government of Sint Maarten in order for destination Sint Maarten to secure new business as the cruise line is ready to commit.
Seabourn Ultra-Luxury Cruise Line advises on Homeport Terminal. New vessel Encore to call in March 2017
- Seabourn pioneered small-ship, ultra-luxury cruising, and continues to represent the pinnacle of that unique style of travel. Seabourn is one of the cruise partners who played a role in the design and layout of the new Homeporting Terminal which will also be catering to Seabourn.
Minister Arrindell and Port St. Maarten Meet with XL Airways as Destination becomes Pullmantur Cruises Homeport
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Port St. Maarten Mark Mingo, is very pleased with the progress being made to further advance Sint Maarten as a homeport destination in the Northeastern Caribbean.
ms Koningsdam welcomed by Port Management and Stakeholders. Capt. Bowman impressed with cruise facilities/infrastructure
- On Saturday morning the fifth new cruise vessel on its inaugural call for the month of November ms Koningsdam of Holland America Line (HAL), was welcomed to the destination by a delegation from Port St. Maarten and stakeholders that included representatives from the St. Maarten Tourist Bureau, Dutch St. Maarten Taxi Association and the ship’s agent S.E.L. Maduro & Sons.
Ms Koningsdam to make Inaugural Call on Saturday. Fifth new cruise ship for November
- The fifth new cruise vessel on its inaugural call for the month of November is MS Koningsdam of Holland America Line (HAL) which will dock on Saturday, November 26.
MSC to become Third Largest Cruise Line Surpassing 100,000 Cruise Passengers in 2017
- After meeting with a number of cruise executives at the recently concluded Executive Partner Summit of Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) which took place from November 13 – 15 in Miami, Florida, Port St. Maarten Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Mark Mingo, disclosed that his talks with MSC Cruises Pierfrancesco Vago, Executive Chairman, were very positive whereby the Swiss-based world’s largest privately-owned cruise line will become the third largest cruise company surpassing Disney and Norwegian Cruise Lines (NCL).
Harmony of the Seas Captain Faevelen says “We Believe in You”
- Harmony of the Seas Captain Johnny Faevelen welcomed the Port St. Maarten delegation and stakeholders on Wednesday morning during the vessels inaugural visit to the destination.
World’s Biggest Cruise Ship Harmony of the Seas to make Inaugural Call on Wednesday. Fourth new cruise ship for November
- PORT ST. MAARTEN – The fourth new cruise vessel on its inaugural call for the month of November will be Harmony of the Seas, the newest addition to Royal Caribbean’s award-winning Oasis Class fleet which will dock on Wednesday, November 16.
Port St. Maarten Congratulates Incoming Global CLIA Chairman Donald. Destination to see increase in cruise passengers in 2017/2018
- PORT ST. MAARTEN – A Port St. Maarten delegation led by Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Mark Mingo are currently in Miami, Florida attending the Executive Partner Summit of Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) which is taking place from November 13 – 15.
Carnival Vista Captain Batinelli says it’s an honour to be here
- PORT ST. MAARTEN – The third new cruise vessel to call for the month of November, the Carnival Vista on Saturday, November 12, was welcomed by representatives of Port St. Maarten Management and cruise tourism stakeholders.
TUI Discovery Welcomed by Port Officials and Stakeholders on Thursday
- PORT ST. MAARTEN – The second new cruise vessel on its inaugural call for the month of November, Thomson Discovery (TUI Discovery), was welcomed on Thursday, November 10 by representatives of Port St. Maarten and other stakeholders.
Carnival Vista to make Inaugural Call on Saturday. Third new cruise ship for November
- PORT ST. MAARTEN – The third new cruise vessel on its inaugural call for the month of November is Carnival Vista which will dock on Saturday, November 12.
TUI Discovery to make Inaugural Call on Thursday. Second new cruise ship for November
- PORT ST. MAARTEN – The second new cruise vessel on its inaugural call for the month of November is Thomson Discovery (TUI Discovery) which will dock on Thursday, November 10.
Mein Schiff 4 welcomed by Port Officials and Stakeholders
- PORT ST. MAARTEN – The first new cruise vessel on its inaugural call for the month of November, the Mein Schiff 4, was welcomed on Wednesday by Port Management and stakeholders to destination Sint Maarten. The vessel is the newest member of the fleet of TUI Cruises and is identical to her sister-ship the Mein Schiff 3.
Mein Schiff 4 makes Inaugural Call on Wednesday. First new cruise ship for November
- PORT ST. MAARTEN – The first new cruise vessel on its inaugural call for the month of November is Mein Schiff 4 which will dock on Wednesday, November 9. The vessel is the newest member of the fleet of TUI Cruises and is identical to her sister-ship the Mein Schiff 3.
Five New Cruise Vessels to call in November as Destination prepares for 2016-2017 Cruise Season
- POINT BLANCHE – October represented ‘Plan a Cruise Month,’ according to Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), celebrating all cruise travel has to offer throughout North America, Australasia and Europe.
Viking Star makes Inaugural Call Opening Cruise Season 2016-2017
- POINT BLANCHE – Port St. Maarten and the destination opened the 2016-2017 cruise season with the inaugural call of the Viking Star, one of Viking Ocean Cruises vessels.
Viking Star scheduled to make Inaugural Call on October 26 as part of West Indies Explorer Itinerary
- POINT BLANCHE – Port St. Maarten and the destination will be welcoming for the first time the cruise vessel Viking Star, one of Viking Ocean Cruises vessels.
#Cruisesmile: A Chance to Win a Cruise Vacation of Choice
- POINT BLANCHE – October is ‘Plan a Cruise Month,’ and Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) says that for the second year, the cruise industry is launching #CruiseSmile a simple and exciting digital and social sweepstakes offering the chance to win a cruise vacation each week during the month of October.
Port St. Maarten encourages early detection for breast cancer. Commends organizations on awareness activities
- Port St. Maarten is in solidarity with the nation for World Breast Cancer Awareness Month – October.
Port St. Maarten Participates in FCCA Cruise Conference and Trade Show Safety and Security Workshop
- One of the highlights at the 23rd Florida-Caribbean Cruise Association (FCCA) Cruise Conference and Trade Show that took place in Puerto Rico last week, was Port St. Maarten’s participation in the Safety and Security Best Practices and Crisis Management Workshop that was promoted by FCCA, Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO), and the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association (CHTA).
Port St. Maarten says Happy World Tourism Day to all working in Tourism and Hospitality
- Port St. Maarten Management and Supervisory Board would like to congratulate all the workers working in the tourism and hospitality sector on the occasion of World Tourism Day (WTD) to be observed on Tuesday, September 27.
Port St. Maarten to prepare for New Trends in Cruise Industry
- Port St. Maarten Management and Supervisory Board representatives were informed about new trends taking place in the cruise industry at Seatrade Cruise Med on Wednesday in Tenerife, Canary Islands.
Port St. Maarten attending Seatrade Cruise Med Conference
- Port St. Maarten will be represented at Seatrade Cruise Med when it kicks off on Wednesday in Tenerife, Canary Islands. This is a major biennial cruise event focused on the world’s second largest cruise destination, the Mediterranean and its adjoining seas.
Port St. Maarten #1 Cruiser’s Choice in Cruise Critic 2016 Top-Rated Eastern Caribbean Destination Review
- Port St. Maarten Management is very pleased with the news that Port St. Maarten came out number one in Cruise Critic Cruiser’s Choice 2016 as a top-rated Eastern Caribbean destination despite the challenges with respect to market fluctuations and corrections.
Port St. Maarten welcomes HUB Function of Pearl of China Project for Country
- Port St. Maarten Management welcomes the Pearl of China project especially its HUB function that would benefit the countries two ports of entry, namely the airport and the Dr. A.C. Wathey Cruise and Cargo Facility.
Port St. Maarten responds to SMMTA
- The Port St. Maarten Group of Companies (Port) hereby responds to the press release of the St. Maarten Marine Trades Association (SMMTA).
Port St. Maarten and Ministry VROMI Resolve Rainwater Issue at Pedestrian Sidewalk near Bobby’s Marina
- A collaborative effort between the Ministry of Public Housing, Spatial Planning, Environment and Infrastructure (Ministry VROMI), and Port St. Maarten, led to the resolution of settling water on the sidewalk near Bobby’s Marina which is frequented by cruise passengers and pedestrians.
Port St. Maarten to discuss Strategic Agreement with MSC Cruises in preparation for Next-Generation Ships
- MSC Cruises is the world’s largest privately-owned cruise line based in Switzerland. It is the market leader in Europe, South America and South Africa.
Port St. Maarten Management Congratulates Hunkins for First Placement in FCCA Children’s Essay
- The Florida-Caribbean Cruise Association (FCCA) recently announced the winners of the 2016 FCCA Foundation Children's Essay Competition.
Freedom of the Seas cancels due to Anticipated Inclement Weather in the North Eastern Caribbean
- Port St. Maarten has been informed that the scheduled visit of Freedom of the Season on Thursday, August 25 has been cancelled due to the anticipation of inclement weather expected in the North Eastern Caribbean in the coming days.
Port St. Maarten hosts Stakeholders Meeting for Pullmantur Road Show
- On Monday morning, various stakeholders gathered at Port St. Maarten Conference Room to meet with Pullmantur Group International Sales Director Giorgia Cappabianca, regarding a roadshow to promote the cruise lines home port out of Sint Maarten starting at the end of 2016.
TYRA ELS FUNDRASING GALA DINNER
- On Friday, August 12th, from 7.30pm to 11.00pm, the Tyra Els fundraising Gala Dinner will kick-off at Port St. Maarten with music by Latin Sugar and DJ King Kembe along with special performances. It will be a night to remember that will also include performances by Tyra Els as well.
POKEMON GO AT PORT ST MAARTEN
- Besides being the number one port in the Caribbean, Port St. Maarten last week Friday may have also become one of the first ports in the Caribbean to join in the Pokemon Go craze.
Minister of Tourism Arrindell and Port Management Welcomes Norwegian Escape on its Inaugural Call
- Minister of Tourism & Economic Affairs Ingrid Arrindell and Port St. Maarten Management on Tuesday morning welcomed Norwegian Cruise Lines (NCL) vessel Escape on its first visit to the destination. The cruise ship will call at Port St. Maarten every other week and alternate between the Eastern and Western Caribbean up to the beginning of September.
NEW RECRUITS JOIN CRANE TEAM AT PORT ST. MAARTEN AND COMPLETE CERTIFICATION AS CRANE OPERATORS
- Port St. Maarten on July 18 welcomed three new recruits to its division St. Maarten Harbour Crane Company after they successfully completed their certification course to join the crane team.
Norwegian Escape Next Tuesday Inaugural Call during Slow Season Most Welcomed
- Port St. Maarten and the destination will be welcoming for the first time the cruise vessel Norwegian Escape, one of Norwegian Cruise Lines (NCL) biggest ships of the Breakaway Plus class.
FCCA PAMAC meeting with Cruise Executives was a Success for the Destination
- Representatives from Port St. Maarten attended recently the Florida-Caribbean Cruise Association (FCCA) PAMAC meeting in New Orleans, which was a success for the destination.
Port St. Maarten welcomes inauguration of Expanded Section of Panama Canal
- Port St. Maarten Management welcomes the inauguration of the expanded section of the Panama Canal which took place on Sunday. The expansion costs over US$5 billion and took nearly 10-years to complete.
Port St. Maarten attends 19th Annual General Meeting of PMAC in Nevis
- Port St. Maarten Cargo and Terminal Operations Manager Roger Lawrence attended the 19th Annual General Meeting of the Port Management Association of the Caribbean (PMAC) which took place in Nevis last week.
Port St. Maarten attending FCCA PAMAC with Cruise Executives to Secure Additional Business
- Port St. Maarten is being represented this week at the Florida-Caribbean Cruise Association (FCCA) PAMAC meeting in New Orleans. PAMAC brings together Platinum Members of the FCCA who meet with over 30 high-ranking FCCA Member Line cruise executives as part of a relationship and business building process.
Port St. Maarten and Sir Richard Branson-Virgin Group Discuss Investments
- Port St. Maarten Management met with Sir Richard Branson on Wednesday. Sir Branson is one of Great Britain’s highest profile billionaires with his Virgin Group holding more than 60 companies serving more than 60 million customers worldwide. Branson was accompanied by Virgin Executives Tom Mc Alphin and Craig Milan as well as other staff members.
SECA has been formalized. First board meeting takes place onboard Oasis of the Seas
- Just over a month ago, on Monday afternoon, May 9 at the Cruise Terminal Building, Port St. Maarten, President of the Florida Caribbean Cruise Association (FCCA) Michele Paige, and Cruise Line Executives briefed business officials who were invited by Port St. Maarten under the umbrella of the yet to be established St. Maarten Economic Cruise Association (SECA).
BOULDERS AT WALTER PLANTZ SQUARE TEMPORARY PARKING LOT SHIFTED IN CONNECTION WITH TURTLE NESTING SEASON
- Management team members of Port St. Maarten and Walter Plantz Square (WPS) last week Thursday met with the Nature Foundation, and Manager of the Ocean’s Building, and a representative from the Cabinet Ministry Tourism, Economic Affairs, Transportation and Telecommunications, to discuss the temporary parking at WPS. The meeting was an informative one as each side was able to present their views and opinions. It ended on an amicable note.
WALTER PLANTZ SQUARE AND NATURE FOUNDATION TO CREATE AWARENESS ABOUT TURTLE NESTING SEASON
- Port St. Maarten is very much aware of the importance of sea turtles to the environment and plans to do its part where it concerns sea turtle awareness in conjunction with the Nature Foundation.
Port St. Maarten to welcome world’s largest cruise ship Harmony of the Seas for upcoming season
- Port St. Maarten will welcome the Oasis class vessel Harmony of the Seas, now considered the world’s largest cruise ship of Royal Caribbean Lines (RCL), in November when the vessel makes its inaugural call.
FCCA briefs SECA about Cruise Trends and Developments. Destination Renewal and Reinventing Needed
- On Monday afternoon at the Cruise Terminal Building at Port St. Maarten, President of the Florida Caribbean Cruise Association (FCCA) Michele Paige, and Cruise Line Executives briefed business officials who were invited by Port St. Maarten under the umbrella of the soon to be established St. Maarten Economic Cruise Association (SECA). SECA should be formally established later this month.
Carnival 2016 a Great Event for Cruise Passengers and Crew to Visit. Wishes everybody a Safe and Happy Carnival
- Port St. Maarten Management, on behalf of the supervisory board of directors, and staff, would like to wish the entire population a Safe and Happy 2016 Carnival celebration under the banner, ‘Come Experience Life.’
Seatrade Cruise Global Conference provides insight into reshaping of itineraries, challenges and opportunities. Port St. Maarten considered role model
- Port St. Maarten officials attended a number of sessions last week Wednesday and Thursday at Seatrade Cruise Global in Fort Lauderdale Broward County Convention Center in Florida.
Infectious Illness reported on Norwegian Gem. Passengers and Crew not allowed to Disembark in the interest of Public Health
- On Friday, March 18, a number of passengers onboard Norwegian Gem Cruise Ship was infected with an infectious virus. The vessel was boarded outside Port St. Maarten and was boarded by a Port Control Team that also included officials from the Ministry of Public Health and the Shipping & Maritime Authority, to gather further information with respect to the on-board virus.
Port St. Maarten attending Seatrade Cruise Global in Fort Lauderdale
- Port St. Maarten officials are currently attending Seatrade Cruise Global in Fort Lauderdale Broward County Convention Center in Florida which is from March 14-17.
PORT ST. MAARTEN WOMEN RECOGNIZED FOR CONTRIBUTIONS. REPRESENT ONE THIRD OF PORT WORKFORCE
- Port St. Maarten Management has recognized the women who work at the facility and make up approximately one third of the 79-member staff that work within the 13 companies that make up Port St. Maarten Group of Companies.
SIMPSON BAY LAGOON AUTHORITY CORPORATION (SLAC) N.V.
- On February 25, 2016 an article appeared in the local media in which the Sint Maarten Marine Trades Association (SMMTA) misinforms the general public about the Simpson Bay Lagoon Authority Corporation (SLAC) N.V. As the Port St. Maarten Group of Companies values truth, transparency, and integrity, the latter would like to set the record straight.
St. Maarten commissions new harbour crane - Investments in cargo handling paying dividends
- The most significant development in St. Maarten in 2015 was the acquisition and commissioning of a new port crane – the largest mobile crane in the north eastern Caribbean. The Terex Gottwald Model 6 mobile harbour crane arrived at the Dr. A.C. Wathey cruise and cargo facility at the end of August, and the commissioning process was completed on October 15th. The purchase was financed by RBC (Royal Bank of Canada). The 14-year old HMK 260E Gottwald (referred to as Crane 1), which the Model 6 replaced, was sold to a group in Mexico by broker Pacific Handling Systems Inc.
Simpson Bay Lagoon Authority Assisting in Removal of Boat Wreck
- The Simpson Bay Lagoon Authority, a company of Port St. Maarten, is assisting with the removal of a boat wreck along the shoreline of the Simpson Bay Beach near Karakter Beach Bar & Restaurant.
Dutch Minister of Interior Affairs & Kingdom Relations Plasterk informed about Port St. Maarten’s Contributions to National Economy and Job Creation
- Dutch Minister of Interior Affairs and Kingdom Relations Ronald Plasterk on Tuesday afternoon visited the Dr. A.C. Wathey Cruise & Cargo Facility where he received a presentation from Port St. Maarten Management.
Destination St. Maarten in Southern Caribbean Bike Marathon Challenge. Port St. Maarten commends tour provider TRiSPORTS XM for Collaboration
- TRiSPORTS XM is proud to collaborate with the international adventure-travel company Z Adventures for the inaugural Philipsburg Waterfront Marathon set to take place on the Island on February 6.
Port St. Maarten pleased with USM/SCELL HR Trainings
- On Monday, January 18, 2016, (SCELL) The University of St. Martin School of Continuing Education and Life Long Learning kicked off their first series of Port St. Maarten’s 4 P’s, HR Training Agreement.
Port St. Maarten Commits to Attend Future Vakantie Beurs Expos. High-end Homeporting Cruise Opportunities
- Representatives of Port St. Maarten returned over the weekend after attending the 46th edition of the Dutch Vakantie Beurs Utrecht (Holiday Expo), which took place from January 12-17, 2016 at the Convention Center in the Dutch city of Utrecht.
Dutch Vakantie Beurs kicks off on Tuesday. Port St. Maarten present to promote destination
- Representatives of Port St. Maarten are currently in the Netherlands to participate in the 46th edition of the Dutch Vakantie Beurs Utrecht (Holiday Expo), which takes place from January 12-17, 2016 at the Convention Center in the Dutch city of Utrecht.
St. Maarten Carnival Development Foundation, Scotiabank launch official Carnival Schedule
- The St. Maarten Carnival Development Foundation (SCDF) and its long-time corporate partner Scotiabank on Thursday launched online the official 2016 Carnival schedule of events. Scotiabank has produced the Carnival scheduled for well over 15 years and has once again teamed up with the SCDF to present a colorful product that will be distributed throughout the region.
Simpson Bay Bridge fully Operational after Truck Accident
- The Simpson Bay Bridge remains fully operational after an accident involving a white truck that took place during a special bridge opening at 6.00am on Sunday morning, January 10, the Simpson Bay Lagoon Authority, a company of Port St. Maarten Group of Companies said on Sunday.
MPs from IPKO Consultation visit Port St. Maarten. Provided with a wealth of information
- Members of Parliament (MPs) attending this week’s Inter-parliamentary Kingdom Consultation (IPKO) had the opportunity on Thursday afternoon to visit the Dr. A.C. Wathey Cruise & Cargo Facility.
Port St. Maarten caters to over 1.9 million Cruise Passengers in 2015. Voted #1 Cruise Port in the Caribbean
- Port St. Maarten accommodated 1,901,617 cruise passengers in 2015, approximately five per cent less than in 2014 when for the first time the destination hit the two million mark (2,001,996, vessel calls 692). Cruise vessels in 2015 made 683 port calls.
Port St. Maarten Not Building on the Beach. Parking part of Tourism Product Enhancement for the Economy
- Port St. Maarten Management would like to set the record straight where it concerns allegations made about building a parking lot on the public beach. The beaches are part and parcel of the stay-over/cruise tourism experience, and it wouldn’t make any business sense to destroy or impede the visitor experience of the country’s beaches.
Port St. Maarten dredges tender dock area next to Simpson Bay Police Station for tourist season
- The Simpson Bay Lagoon Authority, a company of Port St. Maarten Group of Companies, has completed dredging of the area next to the dinghy/mega yacht tender pier in Simpson Bay next to the Simpson Bay Police Sub Station.
Port St. Maarten to strengthen internal processes in 2016 and beyond with Enterprise Risk Management Strategy
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Mark Mingo recently signed an agreement with Ernst & Young Advisory Services, to perform an Enterprise Risk Assessment (ERA), which will prepare the harbor group of companies for 2016 and beyond.
Port St. Maarten signs HR training agreement with USM/SCELL
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Mark Mingo on Tuesday afternoon during a year-end general staff meeting signed a human resources training agreement with the University of St. Martin (USM) under the banner, "The 2016 Core Values 4 P's Program of Excellence."
Port St. Maarten to participate in Dutch Vakantie Beurs. Seen as an investment in sustainable cruise/destination marketing
- Port St. Maarten will be participating in the 46th edition of the Dutch Vakantie Beurs Utrecht (Holiday Expo), which takes place from January 12-17, 2016 at the Convention Center in the Dutch city of Utrecht.
Christmas is coming to Walter Plantz Square on Friday. Great location for visitors, family and friends to celebrate for the season
- Christmas is coming to Walter Plantz Square (WPS) at Down Street on Friday afternoon at Happy Hour. An 18-foot Christmas tree will be in place, and the entire beach and square will be lit-up for the holiday season.
Port St. Maarten investments profiled as a Success to an Increase in Cargo Handling for Island and North Eastern Caribbean
- On Saturday afternoon and evening, during the official inauguration ceremony of the newly acquired Terex Gottwald Model 6 Crane, and the welcome ceremony for the CMA CGM Marseille Container Cargo Vessel - the largest vessel to operate at Port St. Maarten Cargo Facility - the buzz coming from various stakeholders was about the strategic investments that have been made by Port St. Maarten in its cargo facilities and equipment over the years by the Board of Supervisory Directors and port Management.
Minister of Tourism Arrindell, Port officials and Captain of Mein Schiff 3 Exchange Plaques on Inaugural Call
- On Wednesday morning, the Captain of the German cruise vessel Mein Schiff 3 Ioannis Anastasiou, exchanged plaques with Minister of Tourism, Economic Affairs, Transport & Telecommunications Hon. Irania Arrindell and Port St. Maarten officials during a welcome ceremony onboard the vessel.
Minister of Tourism Arrindell receives update from Port St. Maarten Management on State of Affairs and Compliance
- On Thursday Port St. Maarten Management provided Minister of Tourism, Economic Affairs, Transport & Telecommunications (Ministry TEATT) Hon. Irania Arrindell, with an update on Port St. Maarten Group of Companies State of Affairs.
Minister of Tourism Sams and Port officials welcome Anthem of the Seas to St. Maarten
- For the second time this week, destination St. Maarten has received another new cruise ship, the Anthem of the Seas on her inaugural visit.
Minister Sams and Port officials welcome P&O Cruises New Flag Ship Britannia to St. Maarten
- A delegation from the Government of Sint Maarten headed by Minister of Tourism & Economic Affairs Hon. Ernest Sams along with Port St. Maarten officials Government Liaison Hector Peters, exchanged plaques with the Captain of Britannia David Pembridge on Monday morning, after officially welcoming him, his crew and passengers to the destination.
Port St. Maarten wishes hospitality and tourism workers a Happy Caribbean Tourism Day
- Tuesday, marks Caribbean Tourism Day (CTD) and also the start of Caribbean Tourism Month (CTM). Port St. Maarten Board of Supervisory Directors, Management and Staff, would like to wish everybody working in the hospitality and tourism sector a Happy Caribbean Tourism Day/Month.
Port St. Maarten Congratulates Nation's Top Cop on Appointment
- Port St. Maarten Supervisory Board and Management would like to congratulate Carl John who has been appointed the nation’s top cop to become Chief of Police of the Sint Maarten National Police Force.
Port St. Maarten takes measures to ensure a good cruise visitor experience with 10,000 passengers in town
- Port St. Maarten Management took a number of measures as a pro-active approach to ensure that the approximately 10,000 cruise passengers in town Thursday, enjoyed their stay on the island without any discomfort. The vessels in port today were: Celebrity Summit, Arcadia, Eurodam and Freedom of the Seas.
Port St. Maarten Prepared to Assist with Improving Situation related to Pumping of Water into Great Bay. Solution in Master Plan 2 for Area
- Port St. Maarten Management is prepared to assist Government with respect to the process of pumping water from the Great Salt Pond into Great Bay.
Port St. Maarten's Mobile Gottwald Crane Largest in the North Eastern Caribbean Operational
- On October 13th, the newly acquired Terex Gottwald Model 6 Crane from Germany, completed its commissioning process and went into full operation on October 15th completing another mile stone for Port St. Maarten Group of Companies. The crane arrived on the island at the end of August.
SHGC Port SXM Next Step to Promote Jobs on Cruise Ships
- Port St. Maarten Management will be pursuing the promotion of employment opportunities onboard cruise ships for Sint Maarteners. Many Caribbean nationals throughout the Region including Sint Maarteners, work onboard cruise ships.
Sea Rescue Boat SNS129 being prepared to be loaded on Cargo Vessel
- St. Martin Sea Rescue boat “Notre Dame de la Garoupe,” SNS129, will be shipped to France onboard the CMA CGM Fort St. Louis Cargo Motor Vessel (MV) on October 12 where it will undergo repairs.
SHGC Port SXM Number 1 in Cruise Passenger Spending Revealed at FCCA Cruise Conf and Trade Show in Mexico
- Port St. Maarten Management the Board of Supervisory Directors, are elated with the news that cruise destination St. Maarten is number one in cruise passenger spending in Latin America/Caribbean based on a study that was carried out on behalf of the Florida Caribbean Cruise Association (FCCA).
Port St. Maarten in Solidarity with Community for World Breast Cancer Awareness Month - October
- Port St. Maarten is in solidarity with the nation for World Breast Cancer Awareness Month – October. Flags has been placed on the Causeway to profile and increase attention and support for the awareness, early detection and treatment as well as palliative care of this disease.
Port St. Maarten World Tourism Day Message
- Sunday, September 27 marks World Tourism Day (WTD). Port St. Maarten on behalf of the Board of Supervisory Directors, Management and Staff, wishes everybody working in the hospitality and tourism sector a Happy World Tourism Day.
Tenants at Walter Plantz Square prepare for upcoming 2015/2016 cruise season
- Tenants at the recently inaugurated Walter Plantz Square (WPS) at Down Street continue to prepare for the upcoming 2015-2016 cruise season which is just a few weeks away. WPS was inaugurated almost a week ago in the presence of a large cross section of the community who came out throughout the day to experience and see what WPS is all about.
Port St. Maarten Security and Law Enforcement Agency Officials Speak at Global Security Co. Conference
- Port St. Maarten Security as well as several law enforcement agency representatives from St. Maarten recently attended a Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (RCCL) security conference where a strategic security alliance has been formed.
Packed Programm for the Inauguration of the Walter Plantz Square on Saturday
- Port St. Maarten has organized a packed program for the inauguration of the Walter Plantz Square on Saturday, September 19 which is located near the Sea Palace Hotel. The entire affair is open to the public.
Seatrade Europe: Port St. Maarten Ranked 5th in the World as a Cruise Transit Port
- It was revealed at Seatrade Europe Cruise & River Convention, that Port St. Maarten is ranked number five (5) in the World as a Cruise Transit Port. In 2014, the country’s national port received 2,001.996 cruise passengers for the first time ever. 2014 also marked 50 years St. Maarten as a cruise destination under the theme “Reinventing Cruise St. Maarten.
Port St. Maarten becomes Diamond Member of CLIA at Seatrade Europe Cruise Conference
- Port St. Maarten became a Diamond member of Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) while at Seatrade Europe Cruise & River Cruise Convention in Hamburg, Germany. The conference started on Wednesday.
Port St. Maarten at Seatrade Europe. Plans to increase European Market Share
- Seatrade Europe Cruise & River Cruise Convention kicked off on Wednesday in Hamburg, Germany, where a delegation from Port St. Maarten is representing the country at the Caribbean Village.
Port St. Maarten continues firm commitment to education, gives 500 students HYPE Agendas
- Port St. Maarten continued its solid commitment to education and the youth of St. Maarten with a major donation of 500 HYPE Agendas 2015-2016 for high school students in the country.
Port St. Maarten Staff contributes to Dominica Relief Effort
- Port St. Maarten Staff on Thursday went to the Dominica Relief Effort depot on the Pondfill at the Ring Road to drop off relief items that they collected for the people of Dominica.
Port St. Maarten Management Updates Down Street Business and Community Council Association about Walter Plantz Square
- Port St. Maarten Management Team led by Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Mark Mingo recently met with the Down Street Business and Community Council Association (DSBCCA) headed by Godfried Richardson to discuss the Walter Plantz Square Cruise Heritage Development.
Port St. Maarten Management and Board Pay Tribute to Dr. Wathey on 89th Birthday
- POINT BLANCHE – Port St. Maarten Management, members of the Supervisory Board, and staff, laid a wreath at the statue of Dr. A.C. Wathey on Friday, July 24, 2015 to mark his 89th birthday. The country’s port facilities are named after him – Dr. A.C. Wathey Cruise & Cargo Facility.
Investments continue to be made in Port St. Maarten Cargo Operations as RBC Signs up
- POINT BLANCHE – On Thursday afternoon, one of Port St. Maarten’s Gottwald cranes, a 14-year old HMK 260E, was loaded onboard the Cargo Vessel BBC Congo for a six-day voyage to Mexico.
Port St. Maarten Wins Best Cruise Port Destination for 2014
- A top delegation from management and the supervisory board of directors from Port St. Maarten, will return on Friday after attending the 31st Cruise Shipping Miami 2015, with an award: Port St. Maarten, best cruise port destination of 2014.
Additional Bridge Openings for Heineken Regatta
- The Simpson Bay Lagoon Authority would hereby like to inform the St. Maarten community that in connection with the 35th Edition of the St. Maarten Heineken Regatta, there will be additional bridge openings to accommodate the vessels that will be partaking in the annual race.
King Ocean Officials Meet Port Management and Recommits to Using St. Maarten Hub Function for Cargo Activities
- In 2013, King Ocean Services, a family of companies that specializes in cargo transportation throughout the Western Hemisphere, officially launched their services in St. Maarten at a launch party held at Divi Little Bay Resort.
Port St. Maarten Management Meets with RBC Merchant Bank Caribbean. More Investments Needed in Tourism Experience for Reinventing Cruise
- Management of Port St. Maarten on February 11 met with RBC Merchant Bank Caribbean who was represented by Mitchell De Silva, Regional Vice President Corporate Banking, regarding investments in entrepreneurship ventures that would further enhance the tourism experience that the destination has to offer its visitors.
Port St. Maarten Management Concludes Successful Meetings with Saba and St. Eustatius Port and Government Officials
- Management of Port St. Maarten concluded meetings on the islands of Saba and St. Eustatius with respect to assistance in port handling, operations and economic development.
Port St. Maarten hits historical two millionth cruise passenger mark on new year’s eve
- Port St. Maarten on New Year’s Eve, Wednesday, December 31st, 2014, welcomed the historical two millionth cruise passenger in 50-years of cruising. The country at the end of 2014 received for the entire year approximately 2,000,864 cruise passengers.
N°1 Port in the caribbean - English
Walter Plantz Brochure
St. Maarten Videos
Port of st. maarten Image Movie
Port of St. Maarten Feature Movie
ST. MAARTEN – PICTURE ARCHIVE
Port of st. maarten
Port of st. maarten
Port of st. maarten
Port of st. maarten
Port of st. maarten
Port of st. maarten
Port of st. maarten
Port of st. maarten